Be a Supporter!

CyberdevilCyberdevil

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 428 Fans

The Loan Shark The Loan Shark

Poor bird, poor blender. :) Twas a fun short though, depsite that eerie ending brutality! Nice one.

The Whore of Enterprise D The Whore of Enterprise D

Glad this thing managed to sneat into the daily awards! Despite somewhat choppy FBF at times (felt like the more adult scenes were always smoother, but maybe I'm just imagining things...), it's a pretty elaborate video, a fun and slightly offensive trek through the stars! Lyrics are clever, the song's good, the tune's catchy, the guitar play is on another level professional. Great work!

Destro, "Head Blown" Offi Destro, "Head Blown" Offi

This was awesome. The music, the incredibly fluid FBF, a female superhero symbolizing a new world order where friendship and peace reunites us - or was that a dream in the shower? Everything fits the music, and the music fits the animation: the end result is just a perfect fit. Beautifully storylined too, all the way past that final puff of smoke that leaves us thinking... maybe she was the dream, and her dreams of unity with it? Or maybe she was the heroine after all, styleful exit merited. Thanks for the inspiration!

Airport Madness World Edi Airport Madness World Edi

All of a sudden there's a lot of planes to take care of! I love the idea, and the detail in the top-down view. Sounds and graphics all feel realistic too. What I don't like quite as much is all the advertising towards buying the full game, and just one playable level. It really is a demo. :/ Feels like that could've been in the title.

Lazy Thief Lazy Thief

Really clever levels, and a both addicting and rewarding gameplay! Shame it seems most of these supergames don't have any medals to match those rewards, that'd be the final touch, the icing on the cake, the moon above Earth! Thanks for a good game.

Battle Gear All Defense 2 Battle Gear All Defense 2

Pretty neat how you can actually make your own army, with plenty of different types to choose from, though there's really no information about each. No titles, strategies, pros/cons or anything... and once you pick one, there's no way to remove him without placing him on a plate. I like the game, but though the interface is definately elaborate and feature-filled the gameplay itself is rather limited. Also, no story? No missions? Not much motivation that way. Keep it going!

danger 8-bit danger 8-bit

Whoooah that's trippy. Feels like not all the sounds sync, like that shooting sound, it just jumps in at random intervals. Also waaay too fast, and both beat and that other instrument thing follow the same rhythm, which is more like a random jump between notes. How about leaving some more space between the hits and working on adding some reverb/echo/stuff like that to fill the silence? Working out an actual melody? Balancing/varying the pace? Overall just working on consistency and continuity. Guess everybody starts like this though. :) Keep it going!

As for program recommendations, there's a good list here: http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/music-and-audio-resources

I've been using ejay/FL Studio myself, mostly, though you should know mods don't really like ejay. It uses pre-made samples by default, which is super-simple and fun to use, but might potentially end up sounding just like something that's already been submitted.

vixuzar responds:

I know it's pretty crappy stuff and it was just bunch of random sounds and some weird eq setup but thanks for the comment and i'll also try harder next time and of course i'll use better software next time

katzmusic - Rock katzmusic - Rock

This is one pretty awesome track! I don't know what to comment on since I just can't find any flaws in it, from the first second to the last it's an awesome listening experience, the mesh of guitars, the beat, the rhythm variations, build-ups, synth and solo towards the end. Great all the way!

peruketz responds:

Thank you. Sincerely glad that you've liked it. :D

Instinct Instinct

Really digging these cinematical pieces! This one feels both tense and exotic, the pan flutes (?) make me think of the jungle, the chant of something out of this world, something mysterious and mythological, supernatural, rising, converging, seeping through the boundaries of our human perspective. Keep up the great work!

Mattashi responds:

Thanks man!
It's actually a shakuhachi (Japanese flute).
Thanks allot for the review :)

Tankgirl Tankgirl

Definately the best one so far! :D Nice work(s).

Ted Ted

Never really realized those are probably night-vision goggles he's wearing, not radioactively luminescent green eye globes popping out of his goggles... as they may seem to eh... at least one person. Another good one!

Cap'n Cap'n

A Bedn pose and a glass of bear. :D I'm digging these stylishly stylized Tankmen portraits!