CyberdevilCyberdevil

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 740 Fans

Life of Baby Bird ep.5 Life of Baby Bird ep.5

Good thing bluebird survived, at least! :P The '1st' text on the piedestal is a bit hard to read, and when the randomixation panel pops up you get distracted from the race a bit with how it takes over the picture completely - feels like the 'action' is paused until something's selected and it moves on. Vehicle movement's a bit abrupt around some corners, as is the V-Cam, but though it could use a bit of polishing, overall not bad. As for the next hmm... no preview this time? Thought that might become a thing.

-cd-

Apple Picking. Apple Picking.

IMO the secret to having fun picking apples is having a mindset with which you derive more satisfaction from challenging yourself than taking than the easiest way possible to do or get something, in this case the apples. This combined with the appreciated knowledge that the apples you are picking weren't pounded by pesticides and pollution (at least I wouldn't pick them in a place they were), and haven't been pummeled by other people looking for the freshest types all day at the supermarket. When you get them at the shop, who knows where they come from? Could've grown next fence to a powerplant. That, and the added exhilaration gained from evading the consumerist politics pyramid that's turning the modern world into a shithole. Also: the actual act of picking apples is kind of fun. :P You move around a bit. See how fast you can get. Walk home with a 20kg pack of apples bouncing on your back until your legs feel like spaghetti all ready. I do love picking apples, but that said this was a pretty entertaining sketch! Considering the apple surplus in the neighborhood I guess more people relate to your reasoning too. Good stuff.

tonyfamous responds:

Thanks for the nice review, but sorry, but you haven't convinced me and I won't be doing any apple picking in the near future. ;-)

Lemon Gets Abducted Lemon Gets Abducted

lmao. XD Classy! Gotta love how the lemon keeps his poker face the whole time too.

littlbox responds:

Thank you! :)

Windows XP Sim Windows XP Sim

So I found the medals but hmm not sure where I got the one for visiting you on NG! If it was the 'follow me on NG' link on the shutdown frame, that one doesn't seem to work. Overall bit rushed Win XP parody, without any real parody, just a lot of random error messages without puns - but just random errors. Feels lik you could've put more jokes into it, wordplay, maybe some actual gadget or game, and a bit higher resolution so it's not all so pixelated? It's alright, but feels really rushed.

NightRaid-NG responds:

I'll try harder next time :)

Checkers 3xb Checkers 3xb

I read the title as '3KB'. Was thinking that woah, stuffing so much content into that small a size is pretty impressive! XD I guess it's a bit larger than that, though? Even without music. It's a smooth game, easy to play, good-looking, and not bad AI either.

Artur-Felipe responds:

Thank you for the tips.

Jumpy Ape Joe Jumpy Ape Joe

That final level took quite a few tries, but I made it! :D Overall a really fun and stream-lined jump-around game, with plenty of variation in the obstacles and enemies, and appreciated character variation along with the stars. It's easy to play, and easy to replay and move through levels, and easy to enjoy. Overall a good dose of harmless fun for all ages. Nice game.

Noir Noir

Ah, you posted this here as well! A somber, senseful and sensationally ambient atmospheric track! Builds up the mood nicely, though it all ends... so soon.

Jabun responds:

Hehe, glad you liked it. It's a shame... it was for a competition and the MAX length for submissions was 30 seconds. I'd really have loved it to go on for longer. 30 seconds is not long enough for much!

TBP - AURORA TBP - AURORA

Another smooth and atmospheric piece! Nice work.

larrynachos responds:

Thanks!

A W A K E N A W A K E N

Smooth, subtle, beautiful ambience! Like a shorter, smaller, quieter alternation on The Other Side. Also really like this sound.

-cd-

Memorable Characters and their Creator. Memorable Characters and their Creator.

A pretty impressive collage of memorable characters here! I recognize quite a few of them too. Very nice work on color and shading, and of the main character in particular. An impressive amount of detail overall.

Xmas catgirl 2009 Xmas catgirl 2009

A beautiful piece despite age! Just in time for the season too. Nice.

CrimsonWolf64 responds:

Thx! I hope the drawing for this year will turn out okay too.

Assault & battery Assault & battery

Concise one-strip standup with witty wordplay punchline. XD Brutal but not bat! Did make me chuckle.

tonyfamous responds:

Thanks. :-) In my heart I am actually a cartoonist, but never was able to get anything published or found the right place to get my stuff out there or even many people to read the cartoons so that's pretty much why I started doing animations.