REBIDENT EBIL REBIDENT EBIL

Another game that'll never be the same again. :) Why the wheelchair, I wonder! A reference to poor control? A neccesary handicap to further enhance the suspense and horror? A random element just to make this random thing? Leaves me wondering, but good stuff.

Potato vs Tomato Potato vs Tomato

Potato abuse? Don't you mean tomato abuse??? Twas an entertainingly minimalist battle/chase though, silly and aimless but... not bad.

-cd-

American Dad - Mel Loop (18+) American Dad - Mel Loop (18+)

A really smooth loop! Varied expressions and all too. Nicely done.

EroPharaoh responds:

Thank you! :) I'm glad you liked it!

Boost Away Boost Away

Highscores don't seem to be working? As for the game: it's functional, but a biiiit monotone, just having the booster follow the mouse and move in circles around the smashers you can pretty much keep it going endlessly. Would be good with some 'Restart' button/key when it's Game Over, and a note of your score, and sound, and... some incentive to keep going. Progressive difficulty, or random rewards, obstacles, etc. A lot to do to make this into a real game!

haykam responds:

High scores are currently a work in progress because currently I can't seem to get ActionScript to actually post the high score to Newgrounds.

Restart will be added later, with the score and sound, etc.

You can always enable harder difficulty (it gives you a score per second boost as well) to make the game a bit more challenging but I could always add a 3rd level of hardness.

Thanks for the review!

Ultimate Stunts 3D Ultimate Stunts 3D

I love the graphics, and especially the 3D angle at the start, though the levels are a bit simple, just hit the gas and traverse whatever obstacles are there easily. It does keep progressing, but the challenge level's a bit low overall, and builds up slow. Also would love some medals on this one! Good game.

Owlstep Owlstep

A pretty challenging arcade game! That isometric point of view coupled with up and down arrows for side-stepping and forward control proved pretty tricky, I thought I'd make better sense of it with practice, but no matter how much you play it still seems easy to hit the wrong key and step into empty air once in a while. Medals are great incentive to keep going though, the ambient music as soothing as the pings when you take a step, and the upgrades rewarding too.

Wish there was some bonus you'd get for parading with multiple owls, other than an extra life if you take a wrong step, because with enough of them after each other it actually feels harder to navigate and that mistake's all the easier to make. Maybe the stars x amount of owls you have on your trail...? Or an extra star for every 5 or so you pick up? Would be nice if they counted for something.

Overall though: a catchy and challenging game, easy to replay, and with just the right amount of collectibles to keep you hooked.

AIM-Changing Our Fate AIM-Changing Our Fate

I like the melody, the build-up, beat and atmosphere, but somehow the instruments all seem a bit sharp. There are times (the first session in particular) where the guitar sounded almost like bagpipes, but it sounds better in the next part, and the dreamy phase after that is a pretty pompous touch. Still, might want to dim down the highest pitches a bit though, there too; keep it easier on the ears. That dreamy part... seemed like an optimal place to end it as well, but instead it keeps going a bit longer; moving back to the previous melody/style a bit. Not that I don't enjoy the music, but at that point it seemed like it could just as well have faded out, looped, or moved onto something different - maybe build-up even further? Anyhow, it's a good track, but feels it could use a bit more polishing to me. Keep it going!

-cd-

3 Year Podcastiversary!! - RubberOnionPodcast #160 3 Year Podcastiversary!! - RubberOnionPodcast #160

Well that was random but entertaining. :) Somehow stumbled upon this series of podcasts, and holy shit there's a lot of them to go through! Content-wise it does feel a bit devoid of any particular purpose or direction, but it stays entertaining so maybe that's all that matters. Congrats on the 3 years! And looks like you're still going strong.

rubberonion responds:

Haha yea consider it a variety show about animation and you'll snuggle into it like a pile of dirty laundry (= Thanks for listening! Hope to see you in the comments more

EDM364's NGAPMD #14 EDM364's NGAPMD #14

Hah, didn't notice you sounding like an angry femrobot feeding off of a teleprompter last time, but does sound smoother now! :) A leisurely pace, and though not entirely chronological it's easy to step between topics. Maybe a bit much autotune at times though - if that is the filter/effect used. It fits in well with certain parts, like vivid dream speech, but sometimes distorts to the point it's hard to hear what's being said, and seems a bit out of character. First time it was used I thought it'd be for certain people, like your mother when she was on the phone, but as it goes on it seems it's noticeable pretty much at all times when you change vocal pitch? Or is it always intentional when it's noticeable? Did you have any of that on the last one I wonder (if so I really didn't notice it then)?

Appreciate the milder background music, and well-timed how it kicks in right around the mod count. Still thought it was a bit high at first. Impression faded after a while though, so maybe it wasn't... or levels even out.

Plenty of interesting topics in this - the window punching chronicles in particular, though pretty disturbing dream! Sorry to hear about your dad too, seems like that'd take more than a year to really process. Overall an easily listened to and engaging episode. Thanks for the shout out too!

EDM364 responds:

Actually, the autotune was sort of emphasizing the silliness in whatever I was saying. Although perhaps I'll try different autotunes for different characters, lol. Thanks for the review!

Ada Wong Ada Wong

Interesting style, with the three different sets of clothing layered together like this. Though it's a bit weird with the dress billowing from open air it does seem proportionate; seamless between borders. Face is kinda off, but body looks good.

2-D 2-D

Looks like Gorrilaz! :) Pretty colorful tribute, and the shirt... is that a texture? An actual shirt? Actually painted? If the latter that's some pretty awesome work making it look realistic.

antichlorine responds:

It's an actual shirt I photomanip'ed onto the head/neck! Thank you!

W.I.P Tiddy Meatssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss W.I.P Tiddy Meatssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

A sketch with potential! Seems like the bust area's the one polished part, but it's all shaping up! Nice work.

JayBezzy responds:

yeah it was just a study, so everything wont be polished haha, but thanks !