CyberdevilCyberdevil

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 638 Fans

Say Something! Say Something!

Haha I remember those ads! :D Really used to be all over the place. Didn't notice when they disappeared, but I sure am glad they did. Nicely done.

A Prank Time A Prank Time

So awesomely animated, and so amazingly disturbing too! It all seems too absurd to find any deeper meaning in, so I'll just bask in the flabbergastingly fluid series of events that transpire herein a few times until I can play it by memory in my mind, and ponder forms and other potential trivia like: how long did this take to make?! Truly a macabre little masterpiece, full of motion and energy and unexpected events (nice build-up with that shaving foam). That scene with the two birds too, so cozy and colorful, until it all turns into a tongue-tied terror. :O What else is there to say about this? Mind blown. Metaphorically. As vividly as the vicious wizardry of animation herein.

Chris & Harry Chris & Harry

There must've really been some strange stuff in that cake! What a crazy fight, and what an unexpected ending, and what a hilariously unexpected office-angled interlude (really had me laughing that one). Nice collection of Easter eggs too, stick figures and songs and everything. XD Glad they weren't too difficult to find, no need to re-watch the movie and click on minuscule details there. Grand work, and I can't believe I missed this stuff back in the day.

Meteoroids Meteoroids

A nice twist to the classic asteroid game. Fast-paced, and easy to replay,and I like how you lives slowly regenerate, so you can make a mistake but still make up for it after that point. The mysteriously spacey music fits in too. Good game!

10 things not to do in your submission 10 things not to do in your submission

Looking at some responses below, it seems like you might want to read your own advice a bit. Thinking of that #3 in particular. :P Also, on topic of grammar: proper capitalization and structure's just as important, like capital I, and capital letters at the start of a title or sentence. Really, it makes a big difference in the impression you get from this. Overall, it was a useful little guide with a bit of humor, though the visual aspects feel a bit lacking. Also, for the hit area on the Play button, it'd be better without the text on the hit area frame. Appreciate the medals, and that little platformer demo wasn't bad, albeit a bit buggy. Keep it going!

TheGuyWithGlasses responds:

"proper capitalization and structure's just as important, like capital I, and capital letters at the start of a title or sentence."

this is how i type. it doesn't matter if you don't capitalize the 1st letter in a sentence, it's still proper grammar.

Tower of Destiny Tower of Destiny

With infinite variation, this is really an infinitely fun game! I thought the grind would get boring, and the levels of gold required to unlock new characters or upgrades insanely high, but once you've played a few rounds it all feels balanced, and refreshingly well-paced. The numbers never soar disproportionately after you play to a certain point, but follow your progress, and I like how the unlockable characters rise in price the more you unlock, making the select few you choose a bit more special. Though, the yellow bird and demon are the only two characters I'd have liked to unlock, the others look more like foes than players.

One detail: I thought the fireballs were fire, and there was some bug with that medal before I reached the upper levels. With a 'die by x' medal for all elements, it feels like the projectiles are left out, as are the enemies. The reward for the crown-wielding ones feels a bit unfair as well, as they're often in spots where they're hard to bounce on repeatedly, and thus often harder to get than all other types.

Overall though, it was a both rewarding, and very addicting game, and both gameplay and graphics feel polished and smooth. Nice work.

Safe Haven Safe Haven

What a mellow tune this one. Ambient and pure, and yet there's a grungy wisp to it that makes me think of Gorrilaz, for some reason. For some other reason I imagined it'd sound like the safe room music from Resident Evil before I played it. Strange impressions play in my head, but the ring of fire is a better suite, a suitable scenario, though I imagine just the lone drifter instead of the group, trudging on wearily as debris streaks the ashen sky. It's soft, and ambient, and peaceful, but not really a tone of harmony. I like the mood... it's like you're standing at the end of the world, and you accept it. Good piece.

S3C responds:

Gorrillaz huh, interesting...Safe room music from Resident Evil sounds fitting to me. And that last scenario you provided describes what happens in the icon for this piece. Cool. Thanks for the visual review!

Pathways Pathways

An ambient and inspiring adventure track. Nice.

Attackofthetroy responds:

Thanks for all of your feedback! It means a lot.

Trap Beat Trap Beat

Not bad at all! Haven't tried the trap genre before, but this sounds like something I could perform to. It's subtle, but energetic at the same time. Nice.

Bitey of Brackenwood Bitey of Brackenwood

Bitey looks so tiny and insignificant here, a harmless little critter encapsulated as he is by the square atmosphere and crisp pixel scenery. A real contrast from the fluidity of the original. Interesting translucent rays of pixel light btw, feels rare with opacity in a pixel piece, wonder how something similar would've looked for the water. Overall: this is awesome! Inspiring work.

Yellow Cat Yellow Cat

I really wish there was a way to know which submissions were submitted to the portal, and which were marked as sketches, without it having to be told. A simple toggle on the art page would be nice too, to view either one or the other. More importantly though: nice cat!

Jiovanni responds:

Thank you!! Yeah, it would be nice. But for now I just don't click "this is not a sketch, please submit to art portal", to ensure that it doesn't actually go to the art portal. I have not been submitting any of my phone drawings to the art portal

April Fools April Fools

He sure grows that beard quickly! :P Nice one.