CyberdevilCyberdevil

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 649 Fans

1,016 audio Reviews with Responses

Anger Sponge Anger Sponge

Another compelling track, and loops perfectly too. Bit sharp strikes at the start, was what I thought, but once you get into the groove it's just a spike of energy each time. Nice work.

BryceSummer responds:

Hey thanks :), and thanks for scouting me too !

Knife Party - LRAD (Roman01's Remix) Knife Party - LRAD (Roman01's Remix)

This is a pretty cool tune, variedly ambient and energetic; with real nice flow to the music. Nice work.

RomanM responds:

Thanks, but I did listen with headphones. Some parts didn't really mix too well.

Shattered Shattered

A really nice and ambient dubstep tune, seems almost more chillstep or electro, maybe?= Nice work!

RomanM responds:

Probably just Electro.

Dreaming Planet Dreaming Planet

Woah! Man! It's been so long since you took it piano like this I'd almost forgotten how soothing such music can be, just skimming the keys with ease, like a breeze, so fluent and free. Serene. Beautiful. It's got just the right atmosphere, like the world before it was pollution free, the air so easy to breath. So many feels.

S3C responds:

is that a....legendary Cyberdevilian 5?? Well, I'm glad you like it! Thanks for the review. Enjoyed reading the descriptive feels as usual.

My Life With Newgrounds My Life With Newgrounds

Sounds like the kind of thing you'd hear as in introduction to an interview, a somber presentation with compelling narrative, concise but complete, and it starts in a way that immediately captures your addition too. The FBI? What?! What happened then?!

Overall a nice homage to this all but arbitrary anniversary! 20 years is an unusually long time on teh Internetz. Hope there'll be plenty more decades to celebrate.

VicariousE responds:

The mic quality still makes me cringe, but I felt compelled to contribute this audio file to RealFaction's 20th anniversary video, something he could toss on top of the shaky video of the office I took.

Soldier of Saigon Soldier of Saigon

The subtle sounds of Saigon hmm. I don't hear much soldier here, but I'm definitely catching that post-war protest vibe. The documentary type. The looking back glass. The end. It's got that good groove of moving on, through the fumes of fury bombs to moving dawns with a few stooping fawns standing in a group on lawns! The rising sun warm like a newborn. Nice.

S3C responds:

interesting poetic synopsis! thanks for the review!

Day's End Blues Day's End Blues

I like the groove, though sometimes the background riff seems to skip out of sync with the foreground music. The 'chuck chuck' comes on at the wrong time and breaks that moody melodic magic a little, or the pace moves faster than the main music. I think, also, that since it's a more noticeable background loop this time it gets easy to focus on that, and move from the tingling mingle of the smooth solo to the occasionally mustering monotony of the background. Sometimes you notice it, sometimes not so much. I like how it livens up at the end btw, would be cool if you hd time to do one of these sometime (genre of choice) with no loops at all, just live layers entirely! Btw, in the background, could that be a Contrabass..? Overall it's a smooth and moody tune, good music as always!

S3C responds:

I agree now that you mention it, the track is a little more monotonous than usual. No, not a contrabass. Just a guitar pitched down an octave. That would be pretty sweet if it was a real contrabass though.

hmm, well you've given me an idea. A track with no loops? I'll have to record more than one take lol. It'll be a little harder to feel the groove and plan on the go, I'll try and see how it goes. I am planning to release some tracks that have loops, but they build layer upon layer throughout.

thanks for the review as always!

Safe Haven Safe Haven

What a mellow tune this one. Ambient and pure, and yet there's a grungy wisp to it that makes me think of Gorrilaz, for some reason. For some other reason I imagined it'd sound like the safe room music from Resident Evil before I played it. Strange impressions play in my head, but the ring of fire is a better suite, a suitable scenario, though I imagine just the lone drifter instead of the group, trudging on wearily as debris streaks the ashen sky. It's soft, and ambient, and peaceful, but not really a tone of harmony. I like the mood... it's like you're standing at the end of the world, and you accept it. Good piece.

S3C responds:

Gorrillaz huh, interesting...Safe room music from Resident Evil sounds fitting to me. And that last scenario you provided describes what happens in the icon for this piece. Cool. Thanks for the visual review!

Pathways Pathways

An ambient and inspiring adventure track. Nice.

Attackofthetroy responds:

Thanks for all of your feedback! It means a lot.

VisionaRy - Unstoppable VisionaRy - Unstoppable

A pretty chill and melodic tune this one, the melody starts to get a bit monotone after a while, but I like the rhythm. Some variation and this could be pretty awesome!

iViSiONzGD responds: