1,049 audio Reviews with Responses

3 Year Podcastiversary!! - RubberOnionPodcast #160 3 Year Podcastiversary!! - RubberOnionPodcast #160

Well that was random but entertaining. :) Somehow stumbled upon this series of podcasts, and holy shit there's a lot of them to go through! Content-wise it does feel a bit devoid of any particular purpose or direction, but it stays entertaining so maybe that's all that matters. Congrats on the 3 years! And looks like you're still going strong.

rubberonion responds:

Haha yea consider it a variety show about animation and you'll snuggle into it like a pile of dirty laundry (= Thanks for listening! Hope to see you in the comments more

EDM364's NGAPMD #14 EDM364's NGAPMD #14

Hah, didn't notice you sounding like an angry femrobot feeding off of a teleprompter last time, but does sound smoother now! :) A leisurely pace, and though not entirely chronological it's easy to step between topics. Maybe a bit much autotune at times though - if that is the filter/effect used. It fits in well with certain parts, like vivid dream speech, but sometimes distorts to the point it's hard to hear what's being said, and seems a bit out of character. First time it was used I thought it'd be for certain people, like your mother when she was on the phone, but as it goes on it seems it's noticeable pretty much at all times when you change vocal pitch? Or is it always intentional when it's noticeable? Did you have any of that on the last one I wonder (if so I really didn't notice it then)?

Appreciate the milder background music, and well-timed how it kicks in right around the mod count. Still thought it was a bit high at first. Impression faded after a while though, so maybe it wasn't... or levels even out.

Plenty of interesting topics in this - the window punching chronicles in particular, though pretty disturbing dream! Sorry to hear about your dad too, seems like that'd take more than a year to really process. Overall an easily listened to and engaging episode. Thanks for the shout out too!

EDM364 responds:

Actually, the autotune was sort of emphasizing the silliness in whatever I was saying. Although perhaps I'll try different autotunes for different characters, lol. Thanks for the review!

Talking Real - Makin' Games + Post-Pixel Day (S2E3) Talking Real - Makin' Games + Post-Pixel Day (S2E3)

Another good podcast! About those health issues: have you tried cutting out gluten? If you search for that + leaky gut you'll find a ton of info. I had somewhat similar issues a long time, but finally cut that out of my diet and got way better. Hope that stuff works out either way though! Good news overall, and looking forward to the new game... if it's not already out as I type this.

RealFaction responds:

I've cut out gluten for 6 years, it's a major trigger. This is an old podcast but the update currently is, im waiting for test results from the specialist, may be Celiac's Disease not sure yet. Even though i've cut gluten out of my diet the symptoms are still around. The damage is already done. Thank you though, it does help not eating gluten.

Talking Real - 2017 Forecast (S2E1) Talking Real - 2017 Forecast (S2E1)

So much appreciation with this one, for people, the community; everything!! :D Great way to start the New Year! Though man that's a pretty late recording time... or... early, depending on if the day's just starting or ending. :) Anyway, great podcast. Easy to listen to, and packed with positivity.

thanks!

Called to the Sea Called to the Sea

Nice track! Has orchestral tones, and airy ambience, marching drums, rolling waves, and for a short moment that pirate feeling as well, seems to go through the whole spectrum of sounds of the sea. Easy on the ears, yet with plenty of pace too. Nice piece!

ChronoNomad responds:

Many thanks, Cyberdevil! I'm a little surprised at the overall popularity of the track, but it does seem to possess that certain je ne sais quoi. Basically, it's one of those tracks that started out trying to be one thing, then transformed itself into something else entirely. In fact, most of the instrument samples I started out with ended up being scrapped and replaced over the duration of the project. Kind of like how a really good story almost writes itself, you know?

This track definitely had a mind of its own, and I could hardly be happier with the end result. I'm glad that you enjoy the music, and I really appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. A toast to your good health, matey!

Talking Real - Recovery (S1E6) Talking Real - Recovery (S1E6)

Sounds like an almost too short stretch of time to fully find yourself and fix things up in, but good to hear you're getting there; things are looking up! Inspiring talk. Hopefully leads some other strays the right way. So easy to lose your direction; sense of purpose.

Thanks!

Talking Real - Questions (S1E5) Talking Real - Questions (S1E5)

Seems this may be the realest of all these real talks. Since it was posted a while ago I hope you're well on your towards a brighter future now? At least mentally. The mindset means so much. It's your perspective of the world that shapes it, and since your mind's your own you can really make it anything you want it to be. You have the freedom to perceive the world in it's best light, even if it often feels like a darkening dystopia. Don't feel like your a burden to others, but be appreciative, and return the favor as well as you can. There's nothing as heavy as guilt. Like I learned via One Piece: you can't do everything yourself: find good friends to confide in (as it seems you have) and grow stronger together.

Feels like the people below have a bit more concrete advice on offer though, my advice usually seem to turn into somewhat generic quotes on self-improvement. :) Also, as has been said money's just a means to reach your dreams. Seems like you're already doing what you love doing, you just need to find... confidence? Well, I don't know what it is you need to find exactly, but hope you find it. That search sometimes seems to be what life's all about. Good luck. And thanks for the reflective podcast, makes you think a bit too, about what's really important. As In: what is it, really? Not so easy to answer without just referencing the answers of others...

RealFaction responds:

Yep it certainly was. Thank you :) I'm much better since last year.

EDM364's NGAPMD #13 EXPLICIT EDM364's NGAPMD #13 EXPLICIT

Inspired by RealFaction any? :) Nice initiative turning this series-I-hadn't-really-heard-of-before into audio form though. It's easy to tune in this way, and keep it playing in the background while you do other things.

I feel like you're background music's a bit high though. It doesn't directly make it hard to hear you, for the most part, but it gets a bit distracted, and sometimes sounds almost like you're trying to talk louder than it... is it actually real background music, while you're recording? Or a layer added later? As for narration: at times it also seems a bit forced, or scripted. It's entertaining all the way, but a bit fast even when time's not an issue; there's a full ten minutes to listen in. I think the occasional pause and change of pace would make it more like a real conversation. Hope I'm not giving the wrong suggestions based on the music though, maybe just that part toned down would calm it all just the right amount. Can't disrupt the balance of continuity/calm too much....

Can relate to the living-at-home stuff btw, though seems things are a bit different depending on where you live. Our walls are also much to thin and accepting of sounds, and floors prone to creaking, but bank accounts are free at least so I have around five of those for different reasons (a free credit card with one, online banking with another, one tied to a certain housing queue, one with the best rent for savings, one for long-term savings... though still need to work on attaining some savings to place there), instead I have no car because of all the fees and taxes you have to pay for that, and gas is hella expensive, and there's just one parking spot anyway so that'd be trouble. Always interesting with different perspectives! And as for that AP stuff, I hope it calms down. The GD users still seem to keep signing up, a lot of them probably oblivious as to the recent changes...

Looking forward to more of these; hope you get into a more natural narrative with time!

EDM364 responds:

Ah now I hear what you're saying. Some of the uber fast pace is that I just talk really fast when excited (and ironically when sleepy/irritated such as here). The BGM may be a bit too loud due to shoddy mixing on my part as well. This is moderately scripted in that I had a 50 word outline and just spun off the top of my head with it. I have been told my speech patterns are clipped and abrupt at times and I see that, yes, indeed, they are. I'll try to work on that.

Re: inspired by realfaction? To start doing podcasts, sure thing. It had been on my mind some years though. Mostly I think I just wanted to speak for the first time in a while

I'm gonna look into that online banking you mentioned. Since I can't get out, it might not be a bad idea.

Wow, probably one of the nicest and most informative, interesting reviews I've had. You've given me a lot to think on. Thank you!

Please excuse typos. On mobile

Talking Real - Geometry Dash Situation (S2E4) Talking Real - Geometry Dash Situation (S2E4)

Speaking it real. :) Even with a solution in place though, it's aggravating some people just can't seem to understand. Or want to. I've been following the rage and confusion (though not without compliments and support) in the official post, though feels difficult to respond constructively to users who really aren't taking in any of the information they're getting. Feels like you managed to stay humble with this though. Objective and positive, with a flare for drama with the how-bad-it-was. Easy to listen to overall. Hope to hear more of these! And always interesting when it's a topic regarding NG. :)

RealFaction responds:

Yeah sadly. That's their choice though, but at least i took the time to try and explain, if i didnt care, i wouldn't have wasted my time and just would brush people off and be angry at them. But i'm not like that. I care about people. I understand their frustration. But it's great that more GD users are positively responding to this podcast and woah i'm getting new followers and more people want to hear more podcasts on nerd culture.

I'm glad people are mostly seeing my points here, because it's all factual. Not just biased. Thanks man. Next episode: Resident Evil 7 theories and RE8 theories, talking about the game, then an episode on 7 Days to Die, and other topics I like. Thanks!

Get Your Points Get Your Points

A really tense of ambience this one. Cool, calm, yet claustrophobic and crazy all at once. Wonderful mixture. Until around 0:20 it felt like something you might hear in a Castlevania game, or similar, but it really moves onto different styles after that. I do like the non-dubstep parts better than the dubstep ones, but it's a masterful mix overall, vocals especially really add personality to it, all witha structured and melodic chaos to it. Gets pretty wild!

LegnaZeg responds:

hey Cyberdevil, thanks a lot for taking the time to listen to it carefully and to write the feedback! I'm really glad you like it!