CyberdevilCyberdevil

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 740 Fans

1,031 audio Reviews with Responses

Noir Noir

Ah, you posted this here as well! A somber, senseful and sensationally ambient atmospheric track! Builds up the mood nicely, though it all ends... so soon.

Jabun responds:

Hehe, glad you liked it. It's a shame... it was for a competition and the MAX length for submissions was 30 seconds. I'd really have loved it to go on for longer. 30 seconds is not long enough for much!

TBP - AURORA TBP - AURORA

Another smooth and atmospheric piece! Nice work.

Thanks!

TBP x LSD - Midnight Nightmare TBP x LSD - Midnight Nightmare

Really like the shift in this one, when it all slows down, and gets heavier and heavier and heavier... gravity increases. Tension amasses. The mood sets in. I was starting to think that maybe things just can't feel very dark with the synthwave genre, but this proves me wrong. Got a pretty eerie/heavy feel to it towards the end. Probably my favorite so far.

larrynachos responds:

Glad you could look past the clipping and poor mastering. This is my personal favorite as well :D

✧ starchild ✧ ✧ starchild ✧

The star sound sings like a voice in this. Bright, melodic, yet though the drop seems to come on time and time again... it never happens!! Sounds great, but like a little something's missing.

larrynachos responds:

I really dropped the ball with the drops. I thought a minimalist approach would be appropriate, but I guess I was wrong lol. I'm still really happy with the intro though. I probably should have just expanded on that part more lol.

Iηнυмαη Eяrør Iηнυмαη Eяrør

Pretty trippy, but smooth and suitable. It all floats together nicely. Feels like music that could've been in a Mario game... or not. Not really. Just a similar style. Really like the industrial background beat too, and the flute... for a while. Favorite part's probably the jumpy synth around 1:50, and the dubstep that came after that... doesn't really flow with the rhythm I feel. Think that part could've synced better, just doesn't really match, but overall: great!

larrynachos responds:

I don't see anything wrong with the bass articulations. Listening again, they might sound like they come in a split second too late, but honestly I think it's fine or even better that way. A little imperfection to keep things human.

Born Again Born Again

Fast-paced and energetic! Punky, poppy and full of energy. I like it! Though I don't think it sounds like it explicitly it really reminds me of Punk-O-Matic btw.

larrynachos responds:

Punk o matic played a huge role in the events leading up to me becoming a musician. I used to spend hours making songs with pom2 back in 2010

Glad you liked it! Thanks for stopping by and writing all these reviews :)

Experimental NuJazz Experimental NuJazz

Not bad! Smooth, jazzy; fluid, though the part about it being based off of loops entirely seems to go against the audio guidelines a bit! Maybe better read those first? It sounds good though. If you can start making stuff like this without relying on loops, that'd be pretty amazing!

Cosmo77 responds:

Thank you. Now I read the guidelines (lol) and yes, I really should do something without third party loops here on NG :D And I'm pretty sure that I can. Thanks for pointing out this problem :-)

Sometimes Sometimes

That's that freestyle kind of lyrics, sounds like. :) Maybe a little brainstorming could make some of this to a real song though? Piano sounds surprisingly real, wouldn't think it was in FL if you didn't say it.

artistunknown responds:

I feel like "freestyle " is a fitting way to describe how I write lyrics, especially since I usually write lyrics before the music, though recently I have been making music first, because it seems easier to get more of a finished product.

I have been considering revisiting this song and making it sound more full, but I kinda like it how it is right now. We'll see though ;3

And yeah, FL studio's piano tends to get a lot of shit, but I think it sounds pretty decent, and I'm pretty sure I didn't modify anything about it here.

Surf Rock Test Surf Rock Test

Well that was random. XD There's potential though! Style's a bit Punk-ish, controversial, edgy, anything goes!

artistunknown responds:

Yeah, after all, "test" is in the name :p

More will come eventually.

Hollow Eve Hollow Eve

That's actually you singing?! Didn't imagine you could sound like this! Very nice. Lyrics are suitably melancholy and relatable, moving onto imaginative and destructive, and the music moves from spooky-like to powerful and awesome to an eerie calm again. And all this in one day, instruments, lyricism and all? Impressive.!

RealFaction responds:

Thanks! I have different styles of singing. Truthfully it's basically my experience with Halloween and my current life, it's kinda lonely. I made this in 5 hours in total. Thanks!