CyberdevilCyberdevil

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 655 Fans

1,017 audio Reviews with Responses

melbourne bounce melbourne bounce

Pretty happy and bouncy song. Nice.

DemonicNobility responds:

thanks, although this song was meant as a joke i still used some effects and synths i normally use. thanks for taking the time to look at my humble and messy page :)

Grandeur Grandeur

Sounds like something you could use an intro! First track of a full mixtape maybe? ;) It's a quick spitting witty lyrical showcase, gritty and mental, with sick flow and spiffy instrumental.

Vinstigator responds:

Thanks for the positive feedback! Might have to use it for a mixtape intro...

One Must Die One Must Die

Some of this sounds pretty familiar hmm... not sure if it's just a few bits and pieces (like the "heard you wanted to wrestle with an alligator", or if all of it's from some specific battle? If it is, wonder which one? Seems to be missing hooks, and the verses sounds pretty battle-oriented, but for such purpose it's dope as always! Intense and punchy.

Vinstigator responds:

Yup, it's from my battle versus Pachillis. Thanks for the positive feedback!

{skriifty} - Sea Story {skriifty} - Sea Story

A nice tune. I feel like the foreground layer needs to be a bit softer though, somehow, if I turn the speakers too loud it feels pretty sharp on the ears, as if it's made as loud as possible over the background beat? A bit better mastering, or balance, and this feels perfect. Really nice melody.

SkrIifty responds:

yes i know :v

Anger Sponge Anger Sponge

Another compelling track, and loops perfectly too. Bit sharp strikes at the start, was what I thought, but once you get into the groove it's just a spike of energy each time. Nice work.

BryceSummer responds:

Hey thanks :), and thanks for scouting me too !

Lost Summer Days Lost Summer Days

Make something great, I hope. :) I work hard, but I wish I could play this dope. Life moves in strange ways, I follow the tale of prose like a trail of coke, yet stray on notes that sway like palm trees - take me out on a great safari by a calm sea.

For a moment, it lets you escape this hoax: social slavery railed under a veil of smoke, I don't notice what bars I break, suddenly I'm far away, on a coast under the stars of fate. Wherever this road goes, and however fast we race, nothing can erase: these vast summer days. Good music.

S3C responds:

cool review...cooler than a yeti eating frozen spaghetti

Dreaming Planet Dreaming Planet

Woah! Man! It's been so long since you took it piano like this I'd almost forgotten how soothing such music can be, just skimming the keys with ease, like a breeze, so fluent and free. Serene. Beautiful. It's got just the right atmosphere, like the world before it was pollution free, the air so easy to breath. So many feels.

S3C responds:

is that a....legendary Cyberdevilian 5?? Well, I'm glad you like it! Thanks for the review. Enjoyed reading the descriptive feels as usual.

My Life With Newgrounds My Life With Newgrounds

Sounds like the kind of thing you'd hear as in introduction to an interview, a somber presentation with compelling narrative, concise but complete, and it starts in a way that immediately captures your addition too. The FBI? What?! What happened then?!

Overall a nice homage to this all but arbitrary anniversary! 20 years is an unusually long time on teh Internetz. Hope there'll be plenty more decades to celebrate.

VicariousE responds:

The mic quality still makes me cringe, but I felt compelled to contribute this audio file to RealFaction's 20th anniversary video, something he could toss on top of the shaky video of the office I took.

Soldier of Saigon Soldier of Saigon

The subtle sounds of Saigon hmm. I don't hear much soldier here, but I'm definitely catching that post-war protest vibe. The documentary type. The looking back glass. The end. It's got that good groove of moving on, through the fumes of fury bombs to moving dawns with a few stooping fawns standing in a group on lawns! The rising sun warm like a newborn. Nice.

S3C responds:

interesting poetic synopsis! thanks for the review!

Day's End Blues Day's End Blues

I like the groove, though sometimes the background riff seems to skip out of sync with the foreground music. The 'chuck chuck' comes on at the wrong time and breaks that moody melodic magic a little, or the pace moves faster than the main music. I think, also, that since it's a more noticeable background loop this time it gets easy to focus on that, and move from the tingling mingle of the smooth solo to the occasionally mustering monotony of the background. Sometimes you notice it, sometimes not so much. I like how it livens up at the end btw, would be cool if you hd time to do one of these sometime (genre of choice) with no loops at all, just live layers entirely! Btw, in the background, could that be a Contrabass..? Overall it's a smooth and moody tune, good music as always!

S3C responds:

I agree now that you mention it, the track is a little more monotonous than usual. No, not a contrabass. Just a guitar pitched down an octave. That would be pretty sweet if it was a real contrabass though.

hmm, well you've given me an idea. A track with no loops? I'll have to record more than one take lol. It'll be a little harder to feel the groove and plan on the go, I'll try and see how it goes. I am planning to release some tracks that have loops, but they build layer upon layer throughout.

thanks for the review as always!