CyberdevilCyberdevil

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 751 Fans

1,040 audio Reviews with Responses

Austin Cook: Voice Reel 2017 Austin Cook: Voice Reel 2017

A pretty impressive showcase. :) Not bad! Not bad at all! That old man voice in particular. Do wonder if you'd be able to extend the range with some entirely different styles though. Foreign accents? Other genders? Younger ages too (you've got the agey age down right)? It's a great showcase for a certain few roles, though doesn't seem to show you can really do 'everything' (if you can ;). Happy 2017 man; good luck with the path of voices!

AustinJayCook responds:

Appreciate it dude yeah its just a small showcase there will be more doen the line :)

Gone WIP Gone WIP

A strange but beautiful piece, slow and collected, eerie, traditional, yet with the beat that almost reminds of the synthy eighties and videogame music. I think the low-quality recording makes it feel older, too. The sound quality goes well with the style, and it's not bad per say, it's just the hazy tone that sets it back. Didn't expect to hear you singing, or singing something like this if you did, or making something as poetic as this!

The verse seems simple but polished, pure and heartfelt, no overly complicated rhymes but a very smooth flow and functional rhyme. Feels like you can hear the emotion seeping through the notes too; maybe with the folk style in particular.

The WIP part hmm... wonder what's really left to do with it? Mastering? I suppose the instrumental could be 'mightier', with strings, echo, higher notes, but overall it feels pretty great as is. Nice piece.

EDM364 responds:

Glad you liked, and thanks for the review! Yes, I still need to write a more concise instrumental, add velocity, and do a more polished recording. Indeed, I was going for somewhat of an 80's vibe amongst all the other genres pulled from. Does need mixing and mastering, as well as a little bit more polish on all of the above. I appreciate the critique!

Lost In Thoughts Lost In Thoughts

I really like the melody in this one! Cheerful, rich and adventurous. Sounds like something you might hear in a FInal Fantasy game, albeit without the added dubstep. It's an interesting mixture, and I appreciate the dubstep doesn't take over entirely, it remains melodic and charismatic even throughout the drops.... though the piano-only sections are definitely my favorite parts. The pace picks up with the dubstep, but when the piano kicks in it just goes straight to the mind. Magical, melodic, fresh and inspiring. The layers sync perfectly two. Awesome music.

DJ-DG responds:

Wow, thanks for such a great review! I appreciate the feedback... no one has given such a long, detailed and immersive response... I am grateful for your thoughts and this means quite a lot to me. Thanks again!! Also, your Final Fantasy reference is rather a coincidence since I main Cloud in Super Smash Bros. :)

Unstoppable Unstoppable

A pretty tense track this one, and the brass really moves it up a level too. I imagine this would fit pretty nicely in any kind of chase scene, or similar. Nice work!

DJ-DG responds:

Thanks for the review! This track was designed for the purpose you stated, so, I am happy that I got my intended response!

Every Moment Counts Every Moment Counts

A pretty smooth and catchy tune! Ambient and bright, with pretty energetic beat and subtle wind instrument (wonder which that is?). Though it ends up feeling a bit 'flat' overall, I like the melody and tune. Maybe just the mixing/mastering that could be polished a bit? Nice work!

DJ-DG responds:

Yeah, I agree, I spent a long while on the melody, and I ended up rushing the whole mixing and mastering part cause this was an unfinished song for a VERY long time. I appreciate all your feedback, positive and negative, especially because it helps me improve on what I do best and correct what doesn't go so well. Thanks!

Comedy Gold! Comedy Gold!

These jokes are becoming a real cancer huh! I mean, literally. XD Nice twist!

AustinJayCook responds:

Gracias good sir :D i will try my best to do much more funny stuff!

VicariousE Podcast #1 (raw) VicariousE Podcast #1 (raw)

Not a bad first podcast at all! This was more of what I was expecting when I listened to the second one, pre-vote-time and all. Good mixture of personal and political, as always you have plenty of tales to tell inbetween the opinions. Can't comment on much of the politics, but it was interesting to hear. Feels like you don't really need any audio editing with this either, the sound quality's not bad, no pops or noticeable static (and decent volume). With the loudness wars people keep turning the gains to high and clipping certain frequencies, but all you need to do is turn up the volume if the sound's too low. Anyway, thanks for making this, and looking forward to more! Scripting might keep the red line better, but I like the pace otherwise, it's comfortable and easy to follow. Stays interesting all the way, and ends well. Also meant to comment on that intro in the second one: pretty neat addition there.

VicariousE responds:

I just went down the Wikipedia list, and went back to some mental notes I made before recording. I'll make a better effort to get the audio levels balanced next time, and yeah, sure didn't want to make the mistake of going gain/volume overboard, I get enough of that kinda sound from online gaming over a headset!

Really appreciate the thorough review, and your time spent in listening to this :3

Podcast #2 (medium fucking rare) Podcast #2 (medium fucking rare)

So you got started with these podcasts after all! :) It wasn't as long and informative as I expected, this one, but some concise info in there anyway, and a motivation before that grand event. You certainly have a voice for this stuff too. Looking forward to more; revelationary things to follow!

VicariousE responds:

Thanks for the decent review, always appreciated! Yeah there sure could've been a lot more pros and cons listed, but towards the final days of the campaign I got a bit nervous she'd buy her way into the White House, with other people's money and influence.

Noisia - Voodoo Noisia - Voodoo

Pretty bad-ass track! The style reminds me a bit of the Prodigy (Firestarter, mostly), but it's got a vibe of its own for sure. Keeps evolving and warping through the emotions too, and it's got a touch of rock along with the dubstep. Sounds awesome!!

123Pedejos responds:

Noir Noir

Ah, you posted this here as well! A somber, senseful and sensationally ambient atmospheric track! Builds up the mood nicely, though it all ends... so soon.

Jabun responds:

Hehe, glad you liked it. It's a shame... it was for a competition and the MAX length for submissions was 30 seconds. I'd really have loved it to go on for longer. 30 seconds is not long enough for much!