1,046 audio Reviews with Responses

Talking Real - 2017 Forecast (S2E1) Talking Real - 2017 Forecast (S2E1)

So much appreciation with this one, for people, the community; everything!! :D Great way to start the New Year! Though man that's a pretty late recording time... or... early, depending on if the day's just starting or ending. :) Anyway, great podcast. Easy to listen to, and packed with positivity.

thanks!

Called to the Sea Called to the Sea

Nice track! Has orchestral tones, and airy ambience, marching drums, rolling waves, and for a short moment that pirate feeling as well, seems to go through the whole spectrum of sounds of the sea. Easy on the ears, yet with plenty of pace too. Nice piece!

ChronoNomad responds:

Many thanks, Cyberdevil! I'm a little surprised at the overall popularity of the track, but it does seem to possess that certain je ne sais quoi. Basically, it's one of those tracks that started out trying to be one thing, then transformed itself into something else entirely. In fact, most of the instrument samples I started out with ended up being scrapped and replaced over the duration of the project. Kind of like how a really good story almost writes itself, you know?

This track definitely had a mind of its own, and I could hardly be happier with the end result. I'm glad that you enjoy the music, and I really appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. A toast to your good health, matey!

Talking Real - Recovery (S1E6) Talking Real - Recovery (S1E6)

Sounds like an almost too short stretch of time to fully find yourself and fix things up in, but good to hear you're getting there; things are looking up! Inspiring talk. Hopefully leads some other strays the right way. So easy to lose your direction; sense of purpose.

Thanks!

Talking Real - Questions (S1E5) Talking Real - Questions (S1E5)

Seems this may be the realest of all these real talks. Since it was posted a while ago I hope you're well on your towards a brighter future now? At least mentally. The mindset means so much. It's your perspective of the world that shapes it, and since your mind's your own you can really make it anything you want it to be. You have the freedom to perceive the world in it's best light, even if it often feels like a darkening dystopia. Don't feel like your a burden to others, but be appreciative, and return the favor as well as you can. There's nothing as heavy as guilt. Like I learned via One Piece: you can't do everything yourself: find good friends to confide in (as it seems you have) and grow stronger together.

Feels like the people below have a bit more concrete advice on offer though, my advice usually seem to turn into somewhat generic quotes on self-improvement. :) Also, as has been said money's just a means to reach your dreams. Seems like you're already doing what you love doing, you just need to find... confidence? Well, I don't know what it is you need to find exactly, but hope you find it. That search sometimes seems to be what life's all about. Good luck. And thanks for the reflective podcast, makes you think a bit too, about what's really important. As In: what is it, really? Not so easy to answer without just referencing the answers of others...

RealFaction responds:

Yep it certainly was. Thank you :) I'm much better since last year.

EDM364's NGAPMD #13 EXPLICIT EDM364's NGAPMD #13 EXPLICIT

Inspired by RealFaction any? :) Nice initiative turning this series-I-hadn't-really-heard-of-before into audio form though. It's easy to tune in this way, and keep it playing in the background while you do other things.

I feel like you're background music's a bit high though. It doesn't directly make it hard to hear you, for the most part, but it gets a bit distracted, and sometimes sounds almost like you're trying to talk louder than it... is it actually real background music, while you're recording? Or a layer added later? As for narration: at times it also seems a bit forced, or scripted. It's entertaining all the way, but a bit fast even when time's not an issue; there's a full ten minutes to listen in. I think the occasional pause and change of pace would make it more like a real conversation. Hope I'm not giving the wrong suggestions based on the music though, maybe just that part toned down would calm it all just the right amount. Can't disrupt the balance of continuity/calm too much....

Can relate to the living-at-home stuff btw, though seems things are a bit different depending on where you live. Our walls are also much to thin and accepting of sounds, and floors prone to creaking, but bank accounts are free at least so I have around five of those for different reasons (a free credit card with one, online banking with another, one tied to a certain housing queue, one with the best rent for savings, one for long-term savings... though still need to work on attaining some savings to place there), instead I have no car because of all the fees and taxes you have to pay for that, and gas is hella expensive, and there's just one parking spot anyway so that'd be trouble. Always interesting with different perspectives! And as for that AP stuff, I hope it calms down. The GD users still seem to keep signing up, a lot of them probably oblivious as to the recent changes...

Looking forward to more of these; hope you get into a more natural narrative with time!

EDM364 responds:

Ah now I hear what you're saying. Some of the uber fast pace is that I just talk really fast when excited (and ironically when sleepy/irritated such as here). The BGM may be a bit too loud due to shoddy mixing on my part as well. This is moderately scripted in that I had a 50 word outline and just spun off the top of my head with it. I have been told my speech patterns are clipped and abrupt at times and I see that, yes, indeed, they are. I'll try to work on that.

Re: inspired by realfaction? To start doing podcasts, sure thing. It had been on my mind some years though. Mostly I think I just wanted to speak for the first time in a while

I'm gonna look into that online banking you mentioned. Since I can't get out, it might not be a bad idea.

Wow, probably one of the nicest and most informative, interesting reviews I've had. You've given me a lot to think on. Thank you!

Please excuse typos. On mobile

Talking Real - Geometry Dash Situation (S2E4) Talking Real - Geometry Dash Situation (S2E4)

Speaking it real. :) Even with a solution in place though, it's aggravating some people just can't seem to understand. Or want to. I've been following the rage and confusion (though not without compliments and support) in the official post, though feels difficult to respond constructively to users who really aren't taking in any of the information they're getting. Feels like you managed to stay humble with this though. Objective and positive, with a flare for drama with the how-bad-it-was. Easy to listen to overall. Hope to hear more of these! And always interesting when it's a topic regarding NG. :)

RealFaction responds:

Yeah sadly. That's their choice though, but at least i took the time to try and explain, if i didnt care, i wouldn't have wasted my time and just would brush people off and be angry at them. But i'm not like that. I care about people. I understand their frustration. But it's great that more GD users are positively responding to this podcast and woah i'm getting new followers and more people want to hear more podcasts on nerd culture.

I'm glad people are mostly seeing my points here, because it's all factual. Not just biased. Thanks man. Next episode: Resident Evil 7 theories and RE8 theories, talking about the game, then an episode on 7 Days to Die, and other topics I like. Thanks!

Get Your Points Get Your Points

A really tense of ambience this one. Cool, calm, yet claustrophobic and crazy all at once. Wonderful mixture. Until around 0:20 it felt like something you might hear in a Castlevania game, or similar, but it really moves onto different styles after that. I do like the non-dubstep parts better than the dubstep ones, but it's a masterful mix overall, vocals especially really add personality to it, all witha structured and melodic chaos to it. Gets pretty wild!

LegnaZeg responds:

hey Cyberdevil, thanks a lot for taking the time to listen to it carefully and to write the feedback! I'm really glad you like it!

Austin Cook: Voice Reel 2017 Austin Cook: Voice Reel 2017

A pretty impressive showcase. :) Not bad! Not bad at all! That old man voice in particular. Do wonder if you'd be able to extend the range with some entirely different styles though. Foreign accents? Other genders? Younger ages too (you've got the agey age down right)? It's a great showcase for a certain few roles, though doesn't seem to show you can really do 'everything' (if you can ;). Happy 2017 man; good luck with the path of voices!

AustinJayCook responds:

Appreciate it dude yeah its just a small showcase there will be more doen the line :)

Gone WIP Gone WIP

A strange but beautiful piece, slow and collected, eerie, traditional, yet with the beat that almost reminds of the synthy eighties and videogame music. I think the low-quality recording makes it feel older, too. The sound quality goes well with the style, and it's not bad per say, it's just the hazy tone that sets it back. Didn't expect to hear you singing, or singing something like this if you did, or making something as poetic as this!

The verse seems simple but polished, pure and heartfelt, no overly complicated rhymes but a very smooth flow and functional rhyme. Feels like you can hear the emotion seeping through the notes too; maybe with the folk style in particular.

The WIP part hmm... wonder what's really left to do with it? Mastering? I suppose the instrumental could be 'mightier', with strings, echo, higher notes, but overall it feels pretty great as is. Nice piece.

EDM364 responds:

Glad you liked, and thanks for the review! Yes, I still need to write a more concise instrumental, add velocity, and do a more polished recording. Indeed, I was going for somewhat of an 80's vibe amongst all the other genres pulled from. Does need mixing and mastering, as well as a little bit more polish on all of the above. I appreciate the critique!

Lost In Thoughts Lost In Thoughts

I really like the melody in this one! Cheerful, rich and adventurous. Sounds like something you might hear in a FInal Fantasy game, albeit without the added dubstep. It's an interesting mixture, and I appreciate the dubstep doesn't take over entirely, it remains melodic and charismatic even throughout the drops.... though the piano-only sections are definitely my favorite parts. The pace picks up with the dubstep, but when the piano kicks in it just goes straight to the mind. Magical, melodic, fresh and inspiring. The layers sync perfectly two. Awesome music.

DJ-DG responds:

Wow, thanks for such a great review! I appreciate the feedback... no one has given such a long, detailed and immersive response... I am grateful for your thoughts and this means quite a lot to me. Thanks again!! Also, your Final Fantasy reference is rather a coincidence since I main Cloud in Super Smash Bros. :)