Be a Supporter!

CyberdevilCyberdevil

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 612 Fans

999 audio Reviews with Responses

Deus Ex: UNATCO Deus Ex: UNATCO

Don't think I've actually heard the original for this one, but it's a nice tune for sure. Really enjoying the synthy sound in particular, reminiscent of times past; good movies. Overall nice ambience, and a bright kind of tension, and perfect loop too. Nice work.

GriffinLancer responds:

Thank you!

Between the Wheels and the Road Between the Wheels and the Road

A smooth groove! Love the reverb (oh wait, I guess that's the distortion?) on the background guitar too, mellow and sharp at the same time, and the added FX at the end to rivet it all up. Was hoping the background loop would shift a bit though, it feels like it's always going up, up up and up, though if it broke the pattern every once in a while and went down a bit, and then up again, it... would've been pretty nice I feel. Anyway: groovy tune: great guitarplay; looking forward to what next week has to offer!

S3C responds:

Both guitars have reverb, but the lead is the one with the distortion. Glad you noticed the end FX- just gradually increased the reverb decay to make the sound fade out in a more distant manner. Valid criticism regarding the background loop- including a separate pattern/loop to break the monotony is a bit out of scope of #sumirs3cjams...unless if I can find a way to make sequencing recorded loops more efficient. Thanks for the review, look forward to seeing you back next week dude

Final Doom: Levels 11&20 Final Doom: Levels 11&20

A classy mesh of classics! Sounds good, stylefully ambient and sinister at the same time. And welcome back! 7 years sure is a long time.

GriffinLancer responds:

Thank you. I'm uploading some more songs just in time for the superbowl.

Better Than The Book - Two Years On Better Than The Book - Two Years On

Feels like I should write something truly inspiring here... but words are not enough really. :) It's an honor to be on this; it turned out fantastic! Grand line-up of styles and uplifting melodies, occasional solos in spectacular songs, with a mass of diverse brass, ska, punk, rock, rap and even a bit of reggae influences, completed with clever lyricism and some truly big names among the tray of featured artists. ;) High five!

Jabun responds:

Haha :D I was wondering when I'd see you here! It was an honour to work with you too, sir :D I look forward to doing it again sometime, and many thanks for the kind words :3 High 5!

Drosophilia melanogaster Drosophilia melanogaster

That's... pretty nice work with those offbeat sixteenth note divisions, diving into the symmetric patterns of the half-whole octatonic scale! Nice Equidistant tonal systems! Yeah. Description's like a foreign language on this one (I imagine this is how it'd be to be an elderly person when I'm trying to explain how a computer works), but anyway, I did enjoy the experimental grunge; especially the somewhat more dystopian strumming that stringed in after the third minute. Feels more experimental; less like a full song than the previous weeklies, but it is a continuous stream of guitar play, varied and wired in vibe. Nice listen.

S3C responds:

well, you analyzed this song rather expertly! lol, but on the real, the "foreign language" description is just for the sake of pretentious filler, but music theory is commonly made more complex than it really is, honestly. Perhaps I should explain some time if you're interested...

I like your word choice of "dystopian", it does seem fitting of the song, I think. Thanks for the review as usual!

Venice Car Garage Venice Car Garage

It was pretty long. Feels like the kind of music that's nice to have playing in the background, but if you try to actively analyze it it gets that mono tone. :) Seems like a background loop and improvised overlay is your habit lately? Makes for some pretty mellow; groovy tunes. Soft; somber sound too. Nice work.

S3C responds:

yep, that's what sumirs3cjams is all about!! Record a riff on my effects pedal (max is 20 seconds unfortunately) and just let it loop and improvise over the top. Thanks for the review! may try and do a format that's a little different this week.

A Raven Lurks Above A Raven Lurks Above

Your dog, I suppose? "Contemplating the end of life" sounded a bit dangerous. O_O I like this tune too, though I'm not getting as dark a vibe as it seems you wanted. It feels thoughtful, not directly 'happy', but still with an air of contemplative peace to it. Like you're coming to new realizations, growing, evolving, coming to terms with the ups and downs of life. Nice guitar play again, with a touch of funk at times, nice and mellow, and the distance feels just right. Bass loop in the background gets a bit monotone if you start thinking about it though. :D Looking forward to next week!

S3C responds:

yeah, you're right :') (RIP)

Contemplative, at peace, is what I was going for, you're good at putting my sounds into words!! thanks for the review!

Beyond the Treetops Beyond the Treetops

Very nice, mellow, moody ambiance here. Happy to hear some more guitar improv' too, it contrasts a bit against the background ambiance, adds spice, but at times breaks the peace as well... maybe if it was softer? More distant? Nevertheless, it's a soothing listen, varied, natural and imaginative. What lies beyond those treetops, I wonder? A rising, a setting sun? An open bay with sparkling blue water, surrounded by jagged cliffs? A city, a modern dystonia at the brink of nature? Or maybe, more trees? Niece piece.

S3C responds:

thanks for the good review dude!! More trees, like the other side of a mirror...

Midnight Haze Midnight Haze

Unexpectedly quick ending when it all ends, but until then: this was awesome. Didn't know you did this kind of stuff either! Been listening to so many more ambient/electronic beats, but this was an entirely different kind of treat. Good work with applying that oldskool sound and keeping it varied all the way. I'd say ditto what VicariousE said. Though I've no idea what 'riffed a 4 minute mile' means. :L Looking forward to next week! Nice work.

S3C responds:

Thanks for the review! next week will probably be a more ambient downbeat tune.

BlackSun BlackSun

Slowpaced and trippily ambient melodic, and then the beat jumps in! Feels like the rythm/melody is a bit indecisive, but it sounds good, experimental and intriguing.

GameBlock responds:

thanks for that you scouted me. i'm not sure wear I am taking my music, but I am considering trying som mix between techno and orchestra