Be a Supporter!

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 384 Fans

967 audio Reviews with Responses

No Chance of Survival No Chance of Survival

Rated 4 / 5 stars 2 weeks ago

Just listening to that piano man. :) The intro feels a bit long, but once you get into the pace it's natural compared to the overall piece; each section slowly phases into the next, but I guess the main difference with the piano is that there is no phasing here, there's just the one melody that loops and goes on and you're waiting for something to happen until it does. Still, the beginning is my favorite part, the rest is pumped up and ambiently energetic, but the piano is down-to-Earth and melodic in a way the rest can't hope to be.

I like the experimental vibe that kicks in for the latter half, and how it fades back to piano towards the end with some added instrumental interference. Overall it's a smooth and fluently morphing tune. And sound quality's great. Nice work!

DylnMatrix responds:

Thanks man! I agree the intro is a little long, but as I said in the description, I wasn't able to do everything I wanted by the end, so that intro was left the way it is now.

I Can Do It Better Than You I Can Do It Better Than You

Rated 4 / 5 stars 2 weeks ago

The sound quality in this is pretty good, clear and crispy, though more so for the string instruments than that brass/accordion (wonder what instrument that is?). That one is a bit sharp at times, it goes higher than the other instruments and especially when there's song at the same time it drowns that out a bit.

I had to listen to the song a couple of times to get all of it (having visible lyrics while listing would be pretty neat!) - not sure if it's all due to accent/accentuation or the wavy recording. Seems it has a bit of echo, so maybe it could be clearer. Wonder if this is all recorded at the same time, or if song and instruments are separate? I don't know much about mics, other than some types work better only for instruments; others only for voice, you probably know more about that than I do. Anyway, as for the voice it's also louder towards the end than at the start, consistent volume would make for better clarity.

I like the atmosphere; melody, and though the lyrics don't really depict the desperation I'd relate to paranoia it does have that sense of distrust and doubt. Good song; good music overall!

polarpoole responds:

Sweet, thanks for the review. The instrument you're referring to is called a melodica. It's a pretty nifty little instrument, the likes of Gorillaz and Massive Attack would have used it. And I agree, I have a huge problem with consistency in my songs such as volume levels and tempo and stuff. It's something I'm improving on but it's a slow process.

Collapse (Preview) Collapse (Preview)

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars 2 weeks ago

Man this is awesome, I love the melody, the riffs, the rhythm, everything about it. It gets more and more intense as it progresses, and the only thing I feel is a bit of a weakness are the drums. The beat isn't bland per say, but the sound feels muffled and distant, unless that's a drum machine I'm thinking you could definitely improve on recording quality. Wonder how many microphones you are using - if it's not digital? Great guitarplay, plenty of pace, plenty of variation... the atmosphere is gritty and intense. Even without song it's a pleasure to listen through. Awesome work!

Macroscam responds:

Now that their just gave be my daily ego fix. The problem with the drums, is their actually Industrial drums which means they have heavy effects put onto them, this is just a preview the drums will be more pronounced in the actual version, it was just difficult to get all them effects to work without the levels flying off the charts and blowing out the speakers in the process. The general idea was the song would build up as if everythings came crashing down and it's all closing in (It makes more sense with the lyrics). We didn't use too many Mics since we used Aux cables and Midi software instruments for the bulk of the work.

We're glad the desired effect was achieved, we were definitely going for gritty and intense, so mission accomplished. Thanks for the review man!

|R|Skipping Through Time |R|Skipping Through Time

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars 2 weeks ago

I'm trying to imagine that time-skipping sensation, but not really getting there!

The musical build-up is nice and ambient, the bass and beat trippy and energetic, but the melody is surprisingly flat somehow. Even when the beat pauses around 1:20 it build-ups in the previous style, and doesn't really morph as much as I'd expected. It'd be good background music for anything really, but that magical or motivating feeling isn't really there, it gets monotone in the long run. Not sure what concrete feedback to suggest other than... maybe vary it up a bit... somehow? As ambient background music it's fine as is, but a broader range of melody wouldn't hurt. Keep it going!

Radiationator responds:

Thanks for the review :D

Space Cadet 3D pinball Space Cadet 3D pinball

Rated 4 / 5 stars 3 weeks ago

Woo, kicks off with a pretty intense DnB beat, it's a trip. I like the spacey melody, feels like it drifts from one place to another, like a comet blazing a trail through a sea of massive distance. Nice work!

Thanks man!

Minuter Minuter

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars 3 weeks ago

Minuter as in... minutes? Do you have any chance have some link to Sweden? This is an awesome track, so smooth and heavy at the same time, it sounds a bit like electronic metal at the beginning, a bit like Pain, but the guitar that kicks in really breaks out of that pattern. Awesome melody, awesome pace. Wonder if the beat could be heavier somehow, but it sounds awesome. Nice work!

Thanks for the review.

I used Addictive Drums for the beat and with AD, the Kick, if loud, tends to really overtake the hats, and cymbals. I didn't want that to happen, so I took the bass out from under them so you could still hear the drum kicks, but also the full cymbals as well. I probably could've mastered the entire drums and gave it just a tad bit more bass, but I didn't want to risk the cymbals being overtaken by the kicks, so I left it as is, just to play it safe.

Also, I usually just name my songs words that I made up. Does minuter mean something in Swedish? I'm also REALLY in love with Swedish metal as well, so there's that...

Kyrotika Kyrotika

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars 3 weeks ago

Woo, what a crazily fast paced introductory theme! :D It's got a pretty intense rythem, energizing and creative, makes me type this review much faster than I usually type reviews. :P Great bass; beat, and the melody makes me think of Tetris somehow. Nice work!

dlxrevolution responds:

Thanks. I was just trying to coming with some random ass crap when I made this...

Retro 007 Retro 007

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars 3 weeks ago

Nice and mystical. I like the melody, but thinking without that same synth from the fun loop it might sound a bit more serious. Potential for even more, nice working!

DIWAKAR responds:

Thanx

woot_Woot Theme woot_Woot Theme

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars 3 weeks ago

I like the beat! Heavy and steady, and the melody's mellow and spacey, but a bit sharp. The instrument that starts around 0:17 is way too sharp IMO, feels like if I didn't have the volume low I'd actually damage my hearing with that. :/ Maybe it has to do with sound quality though? any chance it could be saved at a higher kbps? Good otherwise!

DIWAKAR responds:

Sorry about that

FrenZi (loop) FrenZi (loop)

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars 1 month ago

Ooh, I didn't know you made music! I feel I should have, but for some reason these amazing tracks have passed me by like a flash of light. Maybe in another life. I'm really digging the eighties vibe in this one, it seems to remind me of something but I'm not sure what. A movie, another song... it feels nostalgic somehow. It's just that one 'di-dun' like around 0:34... you don't possibly have some inspiration in mind with those two keys do you? Anyway, it's great, atmospheric and melancholy, with a rich beat and keys that phase in and out of intensity. It's like a voyage, a struggle, a stream of life. Nice work!

nietzlawe responds:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Yes, I try to make music, I guess with each new song you learn a little bit more. The pleasure for me comes from riffing, just playing and experimenting with melody, then finding the right instrument for that sound. Once I touched upon the growling, rugged feel, it kind of reminded me a little bit like something that John Carpenter would do for one of his films back in the 80s.