Be a Supporter!

CyberdevilCyberdevil

Main News Movies Games Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 428 Fans

981 audio Reviews with Responses

danger 8-bit danger 8-bit

Whoooah that's trippy. Feels like not all the sounds sync, like that shooting sound, it just jumps in at random intervals. Also waaay too fast, and both beat and that other instrument thing follow the same rhythm, which is more like a random jump between notes. How about leaving some more space between the hits and working on adding some reverb/echo/stuff like that to fill the silence? Working out an actual melody? Balancing/varying the pace? Overall just working on consistency and continuity. Guess everybody starts like this though. :) Keep it going!

As for program recommendations, there's a good list here: http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/music-and-audio-resources

I've been using ejay/FL Studio myself, mostly, though you should know mods don't really like ejay. It uses pre-made samples by default, which is super-simple and fun to use, but might potentially end up sounding just like something that's already been submitted.

vixuzar responds:

I know it's pretty crappy stuff and it was just bunch of random sounds and some weird eq setup but thanks for the comment and i'll also try harder next time and of course i'll use better software next time

katzmusic - Rock katzmusic - Rock

This is one pretty awesome track! I don't know what to comment on since I just can't find any flaws in it, from the first second to the last it's an awesome listening experience, the mesh of guitars, the beat, the rhythm variations, build-ups, synth and solo towards the end. Great all the way!

peruketz responds:

Thank you. Sincerely glad that you've liked it. :D

Instinct Instinct

Really digging these cinematical pieces! This one feels both tense and exotic, the pan flutes (?) make me think of the jungle, the chant of something out of this world, something mysterious and mythological, supernatural, rising, converging, seeping through the boundaries of our human perspective. Keep up the great work!

Mattashi responds:

Thanks man!
It's actually a shakuhachi (Japanese flute).
Thanks allot for the review :)

One Man Band One Man Band

lmao. If it wasn't for all those 'woahs' at the end (sounds a bit like a flock of seagulls) I'd think this was actually real. It isn't... is it? Just have to check, two of those voices do sound somewhat unique. Idea was pretty fun, the happy music, the sneeze; the mayhem that follows. :D Nice work!

B1KMusic responds:

Oh it's real, alright. I cloned myself 12 times to see if we could make a decent band, and as you can hear here, we got into a fight. They're in their pods over there for now, until I decide what to do with them, and find out whether I can get a refund for the $153,409,255,255.89 that I spent on them.

Summer Begins! Summer Begins!

It's a pretty nice and summry song! Has a farm-like feel to it, probably because of that... banjo? Is that a banjo... maybe just a regular guitar with a certain style of playing? Sounds good!

Yeah, it's a banjo xP

I wanted to broaden my horizons a tad from the electro style and one of my most popular songs was
"To live and die in Dixie"
So I made another southern-flavored piece.

It's cute, but I didn't give it as much attention as it deserved

Take On Me! Take On Me!

This sounds more like dance than DnB, considering the surplus of instruments apart from particularly drums and bass. :) But either way, it sounds good, it's got that light feeling the original had too. Simple; spiffy, keep it going!

LagomyDrago responds:

Yeah, that makes sense. Thank you so much, I nearly jumped out of my seat seeing an actual comment on one of my works XD

Holiday Road! Holiday Road!

Not bad for a first track! I guess most people have an easier time with the syncing when they use sequences rather than keyboards, and don't really need to time anything in. In that aspect, this really isn't bad! Melody's nice and atmospheric too. Nice work!

Thank you very much. :D

I'm also a bit unhappy with the volume, in hindsight. The instruments are somewhat unbalanced and a bit loud.

Eroded Layer Eroded Layer

I like the higher layer, the one we hear the most of. Seems to contrast a bit with the background one, and though it sounds good it always seems to play without aim, it's jazzy and diverse but all the same a bit diffuse - it never really gets to that point where I immerse myself in the sound. Keep it going!

MetalBladeGamer responds:

Thanks alot for the good points! I actually agree with what what you said. Though, now that I'm listening to it, the top layer has too much "smack" to each note. I tried doing that to make it contrast with the bottom layer but i'm not quite sure if that complemented each other well or the song in general. Anyways, thanks alot for the good critique and thanks for all the comments on my art as well!

-+[Scarborough Fair]+- -+[Scarborough Fair]+-

Beautiful. Feels like saying anything more than that is just superfluous here! :P The rhyme scheme's perfect, the words playful and natural, music sharp yet atmospherically ambient, and the song's clear and angelic. It's that kind of music that gives you goosebumps. Masterful music!

LadyArsenic responds:

^__^ Thank you so much! The lyrics aren't mine, however. Lol it's an old British folk song. The poetry's ancient. ;)

Regardless, I'm really glad you like my rendition of it! Thanks for listening!

Only a Memory Only a Memory

Man I wish the audio quality had been better back then! Seems like it could've been really emotional if the recording device really managed to capture it all. Guitar is good, voice doesn't sound bad but it doesn't really come across either. Did you ever write down the lyrics btw? That'd be neat to have in the description. Hope you'll keep posting!

Krash17 responds:

Ask and ye shall receive. Thanks for your feedback, the lyrics are now posted. Annnnggggsssttttt